Grandview School - District 12 - Fowler Township
|Grandview school was located
four miles south and 1 mile west of Fowler, in the SE/4 of
Sec. 23-T31-R27. The district itself was originally part of
District 1, but District 12 was organized April 23, 1886. It
was disorganized September 23, 1946, at which time it became
a part of Joint 72 and eventually Fowler 225 Unified.
Some of the surnames of the pupils attending Grandview over the years were: Beckerman, Behm, Burger, Campbell, Eaton, Eisenbart, Ellis, Gerber, Golobay, Henis, Hoffman, Hopper, Huslig, Husman, Kappers, Krisle, Mertens, Moore, Randolph, St. Lawrence, Steffan, Thacker, Watson, Weber, Wenta, and Yoggerest.
The early photo at left shows the original school house. Below are photos showing how the building changed over the years.
|This cut from the 1909 Platt Book shows the location of Grandview school and District 12. At it's largest, the district was only 10 sections. The school was built on land owned by W.T. Krisle||This modern day map shows Grandview and it's location as it relates to Meade and Fowler. Were it still there it would be at the intersection of "25" and "K" Roads.|
|Teachers known to be at Grandview:||In the photo below, either the bell tower has been removed, or a new building has been built, and an additional building added.|
|Grandview School 1924
l-r: Moore, Melva Behm,
Grandview School 1904
Maggie Smith Young, Teacher.
Copyright 2012-2016 © Prairie Books, all rights reserved