||Records indicate that Five Mile School was organized in
late 1885. This school was in the southeast corner of Meade
County barely a mile and a half from the Clark County line.
The school itself was located in the NW/4 of Section
14-T34-R26 in Sand Creek Township.
We don't have much on this school. It ran from
the 1880's until the end of the term in 1938. If we have a
photo of the school building, we haven't been able identify it.
Surnames of the pupils attending Five Mile over the years
were: Butler, Collins, Easterday, Eichler, Herman, Johnston,
Landrum, Maxes, Murphy, Norton, Painter, Plaster,
Poffinberger, Shepherd, Stacy, Stout, Tucker and Winn.