||This school, which would eventually become the Plains
School district, was established in 1886. The school was in
the southern-most row of sections in Mertilla Township, the
NW4 of section 16, R30, T31. It disorganized in 1926, when
the students began to be bussed to Plains. At this time it
consolidated with Dist. #16, then Dist. #74.
Some of the
surnames of the students that attended this school were:
Blair, Browning, Callahan, Christopher, Cook, Dunn, Graham,
Heard, Hickman, Jacaoby, King, Milligan, Newhouse, Shuman,
Thacker, Thomas and Wright.